Mail-in Longarming Services
Preparation Of Your Quilt
- Iron all seams searching for insufficient or open seams.
- Iron the top.
- Square the top.
- If you have not back-tacked your stitching at the edges, run a stitch 1/8" from the edge to secure all seams.
- Remove all embellishments.
- Square the back.
- Eliminate any loose threads or pet hairs.
- Safety-pin the top of the quilt.
- Square the batting.
- Please refer to our "How To Get The Most Out of Your Longarming Dollar" - PDF.
Getting Your Quilt To Us & Back
- Box your top, and if you desire, your batting and/or backing. Do not put your items in a plastic bag as there is a high probability of damage.
- Make sure your name is readable on the return address and add your phone number at the end of your name, the first line of the address, or on the box.
- Include a note with your contact information in the box. Include your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Address it to:
- Forever In Stitches, LLC
- 545 Hampton Manor Court
- Valparaiso, IN 46385
- Send it with tracking, signature required, and insurance, if you desire, via the USPS [United States Postal Service/Post Office], UPS [United Parcel Service] or FedEx [Federal Express].
- Call us at 219.255.8085, or email us at RickG@ForeverInStitches.com, and inform us of the tracking number. Please do not use text or phone messaging.
- We will email or call you when it is received.
- We will place the item in the backlog at the point in time it is received.
- We will make a second email and call to discuss thread color, backing, batting, E2E v Custom, designs, and other items that may be pertinent.
- We will return your quilt via UPS Ground at no cost to you [if your combined longarming is over $75]. UPS will send you an email with the tracking information if your have provided us with your email address.
- You receive the box and open it with joyful glee!
- Your box will contain an invoice. Please follow the instructions on the invoice regarding your payment.
Thread, Batting & Backing
Request Quilters' Dream Poly Request Batting batting is included in the price of your longarming.We carry and prefer Quilters Dream Batting. It has a uniform density to enhance the stitching and eliminate tension problems. It is of a consistent quality that we can depend upon. If you choose other than the Poly Request, an up-charge will be added for cost difference between the two battings.You can supply the batting in the event that you have one you prefer. The longarming fee will not change as different batting will involve more work on the longarming end. Backing
We carry 110" & 120" extra-wide backing from Moda. We prefer extra-wide backing because there are no seams and the stitching quality is readily visible.