Ruth Grihalva [AKA Raggedy Ruth Designs™] has given well over 50 talks, demonstrations, workshops, classes, trunk shows, and signings at guilds, national and local shows, shop-hops, quilt shops, churches and civic organizations.
Shown below on this page are:
- Where will Ruth be next
- Workshop & Class Topics
- Example Past Presentation Topics
- Engagement Types
- Methodologies Employed
- Sample Pricing
Where Will Ruth Be Next can be viewed on the calendar page.
Workshop and Class Topics are always on her patterns. You choose the pattern and Ruth will teach it.
Presentation topics are wide-ranging and can be summarized as follows:
- Comprehensive Training on the Innova Longarm Quilting Using AutoPilot(R) Mach3™.
- A trunk show on "Choosing Stitching Designs For Your Longarming Project."
- A Perspective / Story Of Raggedy Ruth Designs & Forever In Stitches
- Trunk Show. These usually include discussions on the various techniques found in the quilts shown. These shows can be her choice [the most common request], by technique, date, etc.
- Being Perfectly Frugal Without Trying [PCR]
- Hints & Tips & Why On Preparing Your Quilt For Longarming
- Hints & Tips On Accurate Piecing
- Hints & Tips On Accurate Piecing From A Longarmer
- Making Corner Triangles Perfectly [PCR]
- Mastering Raw Edge Machine Applique
- Putting a Twist In Your Projects [Twister]
- Copyrights & Quilting [Rick presenter]
- Printing on Fabric [Rick presenter]
Engagements types have included:
- Combination talk and classes/workshops for various guilds
- Month-long Trunk Show at Yoder Department Store, Shipshewana
- Demonstrations at Yoder Department Store, Shipshewana, various Shipshewana QuiltFests, various Mancuso QuiltFests from California to New Hampshire
- Schoolhouses at various Houston International Quilt Festival and various Shipshewana QuiltFests
- Various full and half day classes for various guilds, shows and clubs
- Various presentations and lectures at multiple guilds, clubs, churches and civic organizations
Methodologies Employed for her engagements include:
- Quilt display and discussion
- Live projection of techniques
If you are interested in having "Raggedy" Ruth involved in your event, then call us at 419.358.0656 to discuss the opportunity, or CLICK HERE!
Price considerations are as follows: Fees are negotiable, depending on many factors, such as the number or persons in a class, number of days required, distance, and so on. The following is provided as a “rule of the thumb”, as all are negotiable:
Classes & workshops including $9.00 - $12.00 pattern [books slightly higher]
|$25 per student per day or $15 per half day per student
|Talks where product sales are allowed
|Talks where product sales are not allowed
||At cost or IRS mileage rates
|Meals & lodging requiring overnight accommodations [usually over 240 miles from Bluffton OH]